Sunday 19 December 2010

Market Day

Today Jack and I took our new company Sweet View to the Sunday Upmarket on Brick Lane. It was a long and tiring day but we sold a few prints, scoped out the competition and developed our sales patter. Lots of our friends came to see us during the day which was nice. All of my sisters came and Lils put us to shame with her agressive Apprentice-style sales tactic, which was to go roaming asking people if they'd like to buy a print of London. It didn't actually work but it was highly impressive nonetheless.

There is no more perfect opportunity for wearing a woolly hat all day than a market on a freezing day, so the barnet didn't hamper me too much. I took it off for a minute though, just for the record:


Here's us at our stall (after we fled the white, empty room that we were originally put in, and got told off for moving without asking):


My sisters came to see us. Sadly Lils isn't captured in action on film. I think she was off haranguing people at this point whilst Ems and Cescy stuck to polite 'hellos!' But at least they were wearing Del Boy jackets and looked the part.

No comments:

Post a Comment