Thursday 23 December 2010

More Christmas shit

Check out the view from my bedroom window:


It is well Christmassy here. The hair hasn't been bothering me too much. I'm close enough to the end now to be relishing the completion of the experiment. Tonight we went out to a Christmas drinks party at our family friends' house and my mother went around telling people why my hair looked so dire (to make sure that no one thought it was from lack of personal hygiene). I had a few strangers coming up to me and they all said that it really didn't look that bad. Everyone insists that they are simply being polite, and I think that's probably true. Here's me when I got back at 1am and realised I hadn't yet written my blog.



Having sworn to never again think about the lump that popped up yesterday on the back of my head, I couldn’t resist a quick google of carbuncle. (Alright, I had to check the spelling). What I found out made my blood run cold. Apparently it is a lesion caused by a group of infected hair follicles. It is most commonly caused by poor peronal hygiene… They occur most frequently on the back or nape of the neck… “Carbunculosis” is horribly contagious… They have to be drained in order to heal but sometimes they are so deep they have to be lanced…


Uh-oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment