Friday 10 December 2010

Excision

Today I had to go and have a third mole removed. But they couldn't just chop it off because it was flat so I had to go and have it sliced out. On my own! The worst part was I could feel the doctor really pushing hard with the knife through my flesh. She said that young people have much tougher skin and cutting an old people in contrast is like slicing a knife through butter. She said this all whilst tugging and chopping at my open wound. I thought I was going to vomit. Because I was being incredibly brave (if I do say so myself) the doctor and the trainee doctor were getting very cavalier and there were a few remarks like "ooh don't like now, you'll faint!" But they were extremely nice and jolly, and in my view that is the most important thing.

Ooh the hair has taken a back seat today! Haven't event noticed it what with my big gash - 11 stitches in total. The best part was when the doctor said "you have the slightest layer of fat I've ever seen on a human". Result! She knew how to flatter me. Don't think she would have said that if she'd been operating on my arse.

No comments:

Post a Comment