Wednesday 1 December 2010

Bikram

This evening I went to a Bikram yoga class with my friend Soph. This is where you do 90 minutes of yoga in a room where the heating has been turned up to 40 degrees. Dear lord. Within 1 minute of the class starting I thought I was going to vomit and faint, and I had to sit down. It was frighteningly hard. Almost every movement made me feel faint so I'm not actually convinced I did any exercise at all. And in the 'rest' periods you have to fight a rising panic and listen to your pulse thundering in your ears. One guy became so delirious they couldn't get him out of the room.

It was so sweaty that throughout the class I could hear the constant pitter patter of people's sweat dripping onto their yoga mats. And for a blissful 90 minutes I was sweating so much that no one knew I hadn't washed my hair for three and a half weeks.

1 comment: