Wednesday 10 November 2010

Frightening off friends

Today was my first interaction with real people since I stopped washing my hair, other than colleagues, family or boyfriend. My friends Jess and Robbie came round for dinner. Robbie said: "It is pretty greasy". Jess wasn't too keen on hugging me. My dad actually said "Oh fuck" when we started talking about it. He can hardly bear to look at me and he is bordering on being furious. Both my parents try to persuade me to wash it every time the topic comes up.

This morning I rinsed the hair with water. The idea is that the grease is drawn down the lengths of the hair and eventually the scalp stops producing it. Daddy said he thought he was going to be sick when I told him this. Whilst it was wet I almost felt normal but it seemed to be almost impossible to dry my hair. Boyfriend Jack said it looked a lot better and I said that I thought he thought it was still wet from the shower, which it wasn't. He is very nice though because he doesn't care how I look. He has hippyish tendencies and always embraces a giant muff and a rustic attitude to hair removal in general. Although now I think about it he has been a lot more angry and shouty with me in the past couple of days than normal...

Jack?!

1 comment:

  1. Not that keen but my admiration for the project spurred me on to hug you - recoilingly - at least twice

    ReplyDelete