Saturday 13 November 2010

Hats

This morning I decided the time had come to don a hat, even when indoors. My hat of choice might have been better though- I went for my navy Isle of Skye beanie which is not the most flattering of hats. I tied up my hair and put the hat on so you couldn't see any hair at all. Jack said I looked like I had a disease. After a while of itching and scratching and feeling conscious of it all the time I asked him if I looked weirder with or without it and he said with. So that didn't last too long and plus I got really hot when I was in the house.

Later on I found a slightly better hat, a knitted cream affair. I put it on to go to my favourite shop, Fabrics Galore, a budget fabric shop in Clapham. This time I left my hair down underneath the hat which made me look a bit more normal. I still felt pretty self-conscious though and wasn't really able to respond to the shop assistant's banter much. Another customer, a really pretty girl, also started chatting to me and all I could think was 'don't look at me too closely!' I'm pretty sure that during the course of the conversation they both got a creeping sensation that I wasn't as normal as they had at first thought.

I have endeavoured to post a picture which really shows the depths of grease mongering I have reached. Slicking the hair back away from my face seems to be the only hairstyle available to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment